Monday, April 21, 2008

SUNSET CONTEST:

I believe spectacular sunsets represent the lives of warm, caring and loving people who have passed from earthly life. This was my Uncle (Bear) Joe's spirit saying goodbye, I just knew it...I could feel his love and warmth as I gazed at it. It lasted a long time like he did, 95 yr. when he died and what a huge hole he left behind.

Descended from Lewis and Clark's guide, Sacajawea - Charbonneau bloodline, he was a big, huggable bear of a man. I could sit for hours listening to his stories. What I would give for a Bear hug right now!

Send me your best sunset pic and tell me whom it represents to you. dnh1213@hotmail.com
Old Pa will choose his favorite "quiet reflection" of someone remembered by you.

My cousin Sally (re: GIFTED AND TALENTED: 3-28-08), owns Charbonneau's Chocolate Co. in Stevensville, MT. Check it out at - Charbonneauschocolate.com - You've gotta see Sally's "MT Bunny Noses" and read the history. The winner will receive a gift certificate from there that can be used on-line. Contest ends Fri. night at 10:00 Pac. time. Good luck!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Gorgeous! And your story behind the beauty really makes my heart swell. How lucky you were(are) to have your Uncle Joe, and how blessed he was to have you to pass his stories on to.

I will send you one of my sunset photos, later tonight. I am still a bit of a novice when it comes to this computer stuff! My husband will show me how to attach a picture to an email. I am going to check out your cousin's site. Chocolate makes me smile!

Have a great afternoon, my dear one.

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

been to your site many times.what a horse.may you and your family have many sun sets,and peace and to know the truth.

Debra said...

Hi Grammie,

I emailed you my photo, so I hope that you receive it. I also sent you a separate note.

Hugs,
Deb

Abbreviated said...

Does a rainbow count ?

Grammie Hoffman in WA said...

Abbreviated,
I love rainbows...like to see it! Could be the next contest...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i love rainbows too :) I added a link to your blog on my blog I hope many come to visit and enter :)