Tuesday, May 6, 2008

AWAY WITH THE OLD, UP WITH THE NEW:


Russian Thistles from last year going away. In MT, we had to get rid of Russian Knapweed...what's with the Russians bringing weeds to America, anyway?!?



This is alfalfa. It is a GOOD thing. Hopefully we will have enough moisture and it will spread out so the ground will be totally green and lush...that is my dream. Simple life, huh?!



Grass and alfalfa growing on 150 acres across the road for wildlife. Domestic animals don't eat here; just elk, deer, moose, coyotes, badgers and lots of birds.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debra said...

Very intersting, Grammie! If I started one of those little fires here in So Cal, I would be in big, big trouble! But I guess that is the easiest way to get rid of the old in MT.

Hoping that you are doing well.

Hugs,
Deb Dub

Half Moon Alice said...

Hiya Mom! Your little girl here! I am so happy to FINALLY see your blog, I bet you can guess where I am , in the sebastopol Library. I love this place. I know you talked to Grandma Honey, So she gave her seal of approval for Dylan. Didn't go wrong this time, he he. well, love you, we are going to stay here for the birth of da baby. maybe you can come for a visit?
love always, Sunshine hartful of luv. Hey check out what's happinn' in Sonoma county at www.waccoBB.com

Grammie Hoffman in WA said...

SUNSHINE...

Hello my elusive daughter Sunny!!!
Been wondering when you'd show up here! You are on my mind constantly, especially with the birth of my grandchild so near. I'm a nervous wreck!
Yep, your back in good graces w/ G. Honey! Big relief!! Call me!! Love and hugs, Mom