Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SUSTAINING RAIN:

It rained last night which is oh-so-welcome in this high-desert area of eastern WA. The alfalfa is spreading out and sending down roots. One interesting aspect of this plant is, it will grow roots about 25 ft. long so it does well in arid conditions.
Overnight, the leaves on the trees in the front yard popped out. From front to back; Bing Cherry, Crimson Maple and Weeping Birch. This makes the nesting birds very happy and me too 'cause I love to watch and listen to them.

Even the Land Tortoise came out, imagine that!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

bing cherries... YUMMM

Debra said...

Wow Grammie, those Tortoises are awesome! I adore when the birds nest around my home, too. Watching them just makes me happy.

Hoping all is well!

Hugs,
Deb Dub