Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY:




I love this pic of my mom and my sister who is 6 yr. older than me. It was taken during WWII and sent to my father overseas. Even tho the colorist got the eyes wrong, mom has light blue and Patti green, (there was a time, before color film was available, an artist would tint the pics w/ color paint to make them more realistic), I thot my mother was the most beautiful women in the world. I was always resentful she married an almond eyed, long limbed, bumpy nosed Irishman whom I resemble!
My mom, Ellie, will soon be 85 and is still a beautiful, talented artist and wood carving instructor. Hope I have her energy when I get there. While she admits to never wanting children (only poodles), she's been a wonderful mother and I love her w/ all my heart!

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love the pics... Happy mothers day to you too!

Debra said...

What a beautiful picture! Thank you for sharing it. I think you have your mother's smile.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debra said...

Grammie,

I was just reading your profile again and I would love to see photos of your shop and the willow furniture that you create!

I also followed your daughter's comment to her blog. What a wonderfully free-spirit she is! I saw a photo of her and your grandsons and they look very happy. I think that it is awesome that she is following her heart.

Hugs,
Deb Dub